Choose your colors, pick up your brushes, and be your own artist...

Monday, June 6, 2011

Avon makeup to wake you up!

Most of my makeup is from Avon, cause my sister is an Avon representative and it’s easier for me to order trough her. I’m helping her out with her business, so I’m getting my products for a cheaper price, so that’s double advantage for me on Avon products.
I actually don’t wear much makeup in general. When I’m at home, I don’t wear make-up at all. When I’m going to campus, I mostly wear eyeliners, a lipstick and/or a lip gloss, and sometimes a mascara and/or eye shadow. I actually don’t have a problem not wearing any make-up at all at campus, that’s mostly the case when I’m late for campus. It’s actually makeup time, and time for a special look when I’m going to a party.;)
                                                                                       
Glimmersticks Diamonds Eye Liner in Twilight Sparkle
About this product                   
Glimmersticks is Avon’s #1 liner. The Glimmersticks Diamonds Eye Liner comes in 6 different shades: Sugar Plum, Smoky Diamond, Emerald Glow, Twilight Sparkle, Black Ice & Brown Sugar. It contains sparkle, it’s retractable & it sharpens itself.

The brochure ads
Not into heavy metals? Try some easy glistening; a sparkling liner for an unexpected wink of shimmer. Your favorite retractable liner…now with a touch of twinkle. Glimmer on! Wears up to 12 hours.

What do I think about this product?
I’m using the Glimmersticks Diamonds Eye Liner in Twilight Sparkle. This is the best eye liner I’ve tried till now. It glides on very smoothly, it has a little bit of beautiful sparkle in it and it definitely is longwearing. I also wear my Glimmersticks Diamonds Eye Liner in the daytime. I draw a very thin line on about a third of my lash line, starting from the back of my lash line; this way you hardly see the glitter in it, and you’ll have a beautiful lash line for the day-time.

My score: a 10 on 10!

                                                                                            
What I’m wearing together with my Glimmersticks Diamonds Eye Liner in Twilight Sparkle on the picture: my True Color Mouse Eyeshadow in Pink Chiffon, a little bit of gleam cream in Crepe de Chine, Look Allert Focus regard eye brightener in Deep Foncé for my dark circles, an Indian brand Kohl eye liner in Black and my MistakeProof Mascara in Brown/Black. These Avon products actually aren’t available anymore in the brochures.


 
MistakeProof mascara in Brown/Black

About this product                   
The MistakeProof mascara isn’t available anymore in the brochures, but you can still order it through Amazon in Black. There’s mascara on one side and eraser gel on the other side. The eraser gel has a soft and precise applicator to remove any makeup mistakes, even in hard to reach corners.


What do I think about this product?
The mascara itself doesn’t dry that quick. I have long lashes, so if I wink with my eyes, the mascara touches the skin around my eyes. So with the mascara itself, I easily make mistakes which need to be removed; the eraser gel is than pretty handy.:) When I apply my MistakeProof mascara, I try not to wink for some time and let it dry. I very much like the eraser of this mascara. With the precision applicator I can easily remove any unwanted makeup mistakes.
My score: a 7 out of 10.

Ultra Color Rich Moisture Seduction Lipstick SPF15 in Perfect Pink
About this product
Ultra Color Rich Moisture Seduction Lipstick SPF15 is Avon’s most moisture-infused lipstick. It’s available in 10 different colors. From left to right on the picture: nude perfection, bronze shimmer, perfect pink, mocha plum, plum gorgeous, pink taffeta, tangerine, rosewine, red kiss, maraschino. There’s actually only one color available at Amazon at the moment: the Plum Gorgeous.

The brochure ads
The sexiest thing to touch lips…since the kiss. 1000% full-on sexy lips. For the lushest color you’ve ever known. Ribbons of rich moisturizers intertwine with seductively smooth color for a sensuous surge of deep hydration. Up to 500% moisture boost.


What do I think about this product?
I’ve tried the Ultra Color Rich Moisture Seduction Lipstick SPF15 in Perfect Pink. This lipstick is more like a tinted lip balm; there is moisture and sheer to medium coverage. I wouldn’t say that this is the sexiest thing that has touched my lips…haha…I think that my lips looks sexier with my other lipsticks and lip glosses. If you find this lipstick 1000% full-on sexy on my lips, it’s probably because I have full lips. I always get compliments from one of the bus drivers that I have beautiful lips.:) This lipstick definitely is not long wearing; after eating a samosa and drinking a cup of lemonade, it completely disappears from my lips.

Some extra tips
If you don’t have a moisture-infused lipstick, and you don’t want to order this one, here’s what you can do to get a moisture boost: first apply your favorite lip balm on your lips and then layer with your lipstick. Your lipstick color will look softer and it will catch the shine of your lip balm, though the lipstick will stay on less longer on your lips. If you’re using a lip balm with flavor, you’ll be wearing a lipstick with a yummy flavor.;)

My score: a 7.5 out of 10

     

Color Trend mini lip liner in Natural
What I’m also wearing on the picture above with my Ultra Color Rich Moisture Seduction Lipstick, is my Color Trend mini lip liner in Natural.

About this product
This product isn’t available in the brochures at the moment, but I think they’ll be back again. You can still order it from Amazon.

The brochure ads
Smudge-proof, glide-on color, won’t tug or pull.

What do I think about this product?
The Color Trend mini lip liner in Natural doesn’t glide on that smoothly; I have to draw 2 to 3 times over my lip borders to get a perfect even colored line. I had tried the pink color of this lip liner in the past, and that one glided more smoothly. But when the Natural is applied, it stays put…so yes, it’s smudge-proof and the tip doesn’t tug or pull. What I like about this lip liner is the color, I can combine it with almost all lipstick, lip color or lip gloss colors, cause the color is very close to the color of my lips. It’s a mini liner, but it goes a long way. My sister’s customers actually like the mini Avon products; it’s probably because they can get the mini’s in different colors for a cheaper price.

My score: a 6 out of 10

All Over Kabuki Face Brush
I’m applying my lipsticks with a lip brush, so the color can reach in all the hard to reach areas of my lips. My lip brush actually isn’t available anymore, but I’ll talk about a brush this time that I’m using, and which is available: the All Over Kabuki Face Brush.


About this product
The All Over Kabuki Face Brush can be used for applying face powder as well as for applying your blush. It’s made of natural bristles, and it’s 2¼'' large. It comes in a reusable vinyl pouch, so after applying your powder or blush, you can place it back in the pouch.

What do I think about this product?
I rather like applying my face powder with the sponge of my powder; the finish looks smoother with my sponge. But for applying my blush, I do use this brush, and then sweep off the remaining loose blush on the pallet with my foundation brush to apply it to those areas that need a little bit more color.

My score: a 7 out of 10

To order the products or to know more about them, just click on the ads below. I’ll be back with some more Avon products that I’ve tried next time.;)
















No comments:

Post a Comment